Using newly published data have constructed a large (75MB) Excel workbook for download HERE that contains census tract loan level details for 150,000 + loans purchased by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in Oregon in 2015 and 2016.
Unlike HMDA data this dataset includes a field that identifies 24,000+ loans to first time homebuyers, and it covers the entire state, NOT just metro areas.
The workbook contains multiple worksheets for both 2016 and 2015:
GSE first time home buyer data (6 worksheets)
- A metro summary table of Black first time homebuyers for both 2015 and 2016. (In 2016 this table shows that out of every 1,000 first time home buyer loans purchased by the GSE's in Oregon 14 went to black borrowers or co-borrowers).
- A metro summary table of Hispanic time homebuyers for both 2015 and 2016. (In 2016 this table shows that out of every 1,000 first time home buyer loans purchased by the GSE's in Oregon 59 went to Hispanic borrowers or co-borrowers).
- First time homebuyer pivot tables for 2015 and for 2016.
- All first time home buyer data for 2015 and 2016.
All GSE loan data (4 worksheets)
- Pivot tables of all GSE loans for 2015 and 2016.
- All GSE loan data for 2015 and 2016.
A worksheet with select GSE field codes [ used in formulas to add names instead of fields to data worksheets].
The 2016 data dictionary for this GSE data is HERE.
Note that for loans shown for the Portland metro area, loans in Clark County WA. are NOT included.
As an aside, this annual GSE source data is now readily available in MS Access format thanks to support from Senator Merkley's now retired Senior Advisor Will White.
Originally created and posted on the Oregon Housing Blog.