Saturday, October 3, 2009

Final FY 2010-Final FY 09 Fair Market Rent Comparison Table.

As I indicated in a recent post, when HUD published the final FMR's for FY 2010 it choose to NOT follow my recommendation to post an Excel version that would allow side by side comparison of FMR's for 4,700+ areas and the changes made from FY 2009-FY 2010.

I decided to do it for them, the Excel 2007 workbook HERE now includes a comparison of the Final FY 2010 FMR's with the Final FY 2009 FMR's. (I left the earlier worksheet in the workbook that compares proposed FY 2010 rents to Final FY 2009 rents , so make sure you use the FINAL FY 2010 worksheet-it has a red tab)

It was incredibly easy to produce this version with the FINAL FY 2010 FMR's; I just pasted in the FINAL FY 2010 rents that HUD has posted in the same table that I had used for the proposed FY 2010 and all the calculations were immediately done. Because this was so easy to do, I suspect that some HUD HQS staff really are just afraid of allowing folks to be able to compare FMR's and changes between areas.

TIP:
The workbook is in Excel 2007 file format. Some users report when they save Excel 2007 files they end up with a compressed .zip file extension. My suggestion is to RIGHT CLICK and save the file to your PC. Find the downloaded file, and if necessary, change the .zip extension to Excel 2007 extension (.xlsx), and THEN open the file with Excel 2007)

Originally created and posted on the Oregon Housing Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment