Thursday, November 19, 2009

Correction: Oregon Trial Loan Modifications Through October: 7,560; California/Florida Have 1/3rd of All Trial Modifications.

I corrected the Oregon % in post below to read correctly as 1.1%, instead of 1.7%--I misread the % when transposing from the table I had constructed.

The latest loan modification reports from the Administration contained a real "goodie"--the first state level data on loan modifications, something I have advocated for since the summer of 2008.

The monthly Making Home Affordable report HERE will open to the page with state level data through October. Oregon's 7,560 loan modifications are 1.1% of the national total of 659,267 that I count by adding the state totals together. (This national count is slightly more than the 650,994 shown in the MHA report summary).

In the table I put together HERE, you will see that California ( 20.4%) and Florida (12.5%) combine to have nearly 1/3rd (32.9%) of all national trial loan modifications.

NOTE: Since STATE level data is now published it is clear that data for geographies down at least to the zip code, city, and county level are ALSO available, but not yet published.

Originally created and posted on the Oregon Housing Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment