H.R. 4213 passed last week. Housing Trust language is Title VI, Section 606, begins at bottom of PDF Page 364:
SEC. 606. HOUSING TRUST FUND.
- (a) Funding- There is hereby appropriated for the Housing Trust Fund established pursuant to section 1338 of the Federal Housing Enterprises Financial Safety and Soundness Act of 1992 (12 U.S.C. 4568), $1,065,000,000, for use under such section: Provided, That of the total amount provided under this heading, $65,000,000 shall be available to the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development only for incremental project-based voucher assistance to be allocated to States to be used solely in conjunction with grant funds awarded under such section 1338, pursuant to the formula established under section 1338 and taking into account different per unit subsidy needs among states, as determined by the Secretary.
- (b) Amendments- Section 1338 of the Federal Housing Enterprises Financial Safety and Soundness Act of 1992 (12 U.S.C. 4568) is amended--
- (1) in subsection (c)--
- (A) in paragraph (4)(A) by inserting after the period at the end the following: `Notwithstanding any other provision of law, for the fiscal year following enactment of this sentence and thereafter, the Secretary may make such notice available only on the Internet at the appropriate government website or websites or through other electronic media, as determined by the Secretary.';
- (B) in paragraph (5)(C), by striking `(8)' and inserting `(9)'; and
- (C) in paragraph (7)(A)--
- (i) by striking `section 1335(a)(2)(B)' and inserting `section 1335(a)(1)(B)'; and
- (ii) by inserting `the units funded under' after `75 percent of'; and
- (2) by adding at the end the following new subsection:
- `(k) Environmental Review- For the purpose of environmental compliance review, funds awarded under this section shall be subject to section 288 of the HOME Investment Partnerships Act (12 U.S.C. 12838) and shall be treated as funds under the program established by such Act.'.
Originally created and posted on the Oregon Housing Blog.