I have prepared HERE a 2 page legal size formatted summary of FHA single family loan activity for the 1st Quarter of CY 2011, by county. It includes counts, dollar volume, and average loan amounts by loan type: home purchase, refi, and HECM (reverse equity).
- Purchase loans (2,048) were 49% of total loan numbers (4,121).
- Statewide average loan amount for home purchase loans was $189,935; average loan amounts for HECM loans was much higher at $264,005.
- The three county Portland Metro Oregon counties accounted for about 51% of total statewide total loan numbers, but only 30% of HECM loan numbers.
- Multnomah County had the largest county loan totals with $200+ million /903 total FHA loans.
- Average statewide daily FHA loan volume per workday in the first quarter was 68 loans, $13.9+ million.