HUD has published FY 2011 formula allocations by state for its 4 major formula grant programs: Community Development Block Grants, HOME, Housing for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA), and Emergency Shelter Grants (ESG).
The tables I created HERE show by Oregon grantee the amount of HUD CPD formula funding for FY 2011, FY 2010, FY 2007, and FY 2002; the tables include columns showing the percentage change for one year, 5 year, and 10 year periods.
- Adding all 4 formula programs together, funding statewide is down by -11% since 2002, -8% since 2007, and -11% in the last year.
- For the CDBG program the decline was greater: -16% since 2002, -11% since 2007, and -16% in the last year.
- The City of Portland CDBG decline was even greater: -24% since 2002, -13% since 2007, and -17% in the last year.
- HOPWA grants have increased or stayed the same: up 54% since 2002, up 16% since 2007, and FY 2011 funding is about the same as last year.
- ESG grants are flat from last year and over 5 years, but up 17% since 2002.
- NOTE: As population has increased from FY 2002 and FY 2007, percentage decreases in HUD CPD formula funding would be greater if computed on a per capita basis.