The GAO link HERE has a listing of 22 open HUD bid protests filed with GAO on July 11. Entries don't provide much detail, but clearly these are protests of the contract awards to administer Section 8 contracts scheduled to be implemented on October 1.
Some firms appear more than once [protests for individual states?], so individual firms total less than 22. Nine individual firms I currently see are:
- National Housing Compliance [located in Georgia, got Florida but not Georgia and perhaps had bid on multiple other states].
- New York State Housing Trust Fund Corporation
- Massachusetts Housing Finance Agency
- Rhode Island Housing-Mortgage Finance Corporation
- State of Arizona-Department of Housing
- Delaware State Housing Authority
- Department of Housing-Community Development State of Maryland
- New Jersey Housing-Mortgage Finance Agency
- Oregon Housing-Community Services
Entries for these protests indicate that GAO has a Oct 19 "due date".
More about GAO bid protests can be found HERE. A timeline HERE suggests that HUD has 30 days after the protest date to provide a report to GAO; then protester has 10 days to respond to the agency report; and that GAO decision will then follow within 60 days.
Originally created and posted on the Oregon Housing Blog.