Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Update: Portland Planner Mike Saba.

Update: One of my thoughtful readers did some more digging and found a poignant explanation from Mike HERE as why he set up a scholarship fund at PSU and how/when he learned about his cancer diagnosis. 

That reader also was able to contact PSU and make a contribution to the scholarship fund by phone by contacting PSU staffer Trish Hamilton at 503-725-5209. [You can also reach her by email at thamilton@pdx.edu ].

I will do the same and I would encourage others to consider making a contribution in Mike's memory. 


--------------------------------------

I was saddened to see an obituary for retired Portland planner Mike Saba in today's Oregonian. 


I worked with Mike frequently while he was a Portland planner and I looked forward to working with him as I always found him to be open, friendly, and knowledgeable.  

I missed him when he retired a few years before I did, and Portland and Oregon are further diminished with his death. 

Originally created and posted on the Oregon Housing Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment