In addition to the NAHRO Cascade Chamber event on Monday and Tuesday September 10-11 (agenda/registration HERE), there are several additional events that may be of interest to readers.
Host: Oregon ON
Tuesday Sept 11, 11:00 – 12:30
Where: Buchan Reception Hall of the First Unitarian Church, downtown Portland
Topic: “Portland Housing Bureau Equity Framework for Rental Housing – Sponsors, residents, development and operations.” It is being held in cooperation with Portland Housing Bureau and the Oregon ON committee working on this issue, chaired by Craig Kelley of Housing Development Center.
Host: Housing Land Advocates,
Friday September 14th
Topic : Agenda and registration materials will be posted in the future on the HLA website HERE. Scheduled speakers to date:
- Barbara Sard, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, on federal housing policy.
- Bob Stacey, Metro Council (elect), on prospects for regional action.
- Brad Schmidt, The Oregonian, on his reporting about the uneven distribution of affordable housing in the Portland area.
- Bryce Ward, ECONorthwest, on changes to demographics and the economics of housing supply and demand.
- Marcy McInelly, UrbsWorks, on how innovative design can bolster lower-cost housing.
Host: Coalition for a Livable Future,
When: Friday, October 12th.
Topic: Regional Livability Summit; Look for future registration materials on the CLF website HERE.
Host: Oregon ON, others
When: Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Where: 6-8 pm, at PCC SE Division, 2305 SE 82nd Ave., in the Great Hall.
Topic: Mayoral and City Council Candidates Forum
Originally created and posted on the Oregon Housing Blog.