Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Off Topic: Thanksgiving 45 Years Ago.

I have been trying to clean out boxes of old stuff in my house, and ran across a Thanskgiving day program HERE for Thankgiving 1967. I was 19 and in a Construction Engineer battalion; this was the first of two Thanksgivings I spent in Vietnam. 

Hoping that this Thanksgiving finds you happy and connected with your family and friends and that you give thanks to the young men and women in harms way, on your behalf, spread around the world.

Best, 
Tom 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Tom.

    I was in the Air Force stateside at that time, and for so many of us it was a surreal experience.

    I met you recently at the Age Friendly Region event. Hope to get closer to your wonderful work. If all goes well, I'll soon be organizing a second 'Housing in an Age Friendly Portland' Event with AARP Oregon, and I'd love to have you be a part of it.

    jim@agingartfully.org

    ReplyDelete