Friday, September 11, 2015

Portland Tribune Stories on Corp Investments in Rental Housing.

Stories are HERE, took a lot of research to produce I am sure. Interesting new journalism model-I noted that stories were produced by non profit Investigate West, instead of Tribune staff. 

Adding a bit to reporting in stories, HERE is Portland Maps detail about one of homes that I think is in the first story (in New Columbia on Fessenden).  I noted that home sold for less in 2013 ($235k) than in 2006 ($257k) and that the home has apparently also lost it's tax exemption (since it is now a rental).  

Brings up interesting issue about whether tax exemption will remain available should home eventually be sold to owner occupant. Also wonder if PHB has detail about homes that lost tax exemption due to conversion to rental? I dunno.

Originally created and posted on the Oregon Housing Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment