I took some supplemental information provided by CBPP and created a 4 page PDF table HERE and embedded below that breaks out rental assistance costs by program and then shows the share of total rental costs by program.
- HUD and RD spent $426.7 million on rental assistance in Oregon.
- HUD spending on Oregon vouchers was $275 million, 64% of all rental assistance.
- That 64% voucher share of total federal rental assistance spending in Oregon was the third highest in the country, following only California and Nevada (67%). In contrast, the national percentage of voucher spending to total federal rental housing assistance spending was 50%.
- Oregon's 15% share of spending for project based rental assistance was substantially below the national average of 25%, as was Oregon's 7% share of public housing spending vs the national average of 15%.
- Bottom line: Any change in voucher spending will impact Oregon much more than other states.
Originally created and posted on the Oregon Housing Blog.