Wednesday, August 1, 2007

IPOD AUDIO: Complete Audio Record of 2007 House Financial Services Committee Hearing and Approval of Housing Trust Fund So Far, Including Amendments

I think I can safely say you won’t find these anyplace else ( and yes, I realize some of you may be thinking.. "and for good reason").

July 31 Final Markup. HERE is an .mp3 audio file of the House Financial Services Committee July 31st markup of the national Housing Trust Fund bill (HR 2895) I reported on yesterday. This includes Committee discussions and votes on a number of amendments. The file is 19 MB; the duration is 2 hours and 35 minutes.

July 19 Initial Hearing. I have also posted HERE the audio of the July 19 initial House F.S. Committee hearing on this bill, which includes a number of witness statements as well as statements and questions from the members of the Committee. The file is 26 MB; the duration is 3 hours and 44 minutes.

(With a combined length of more than 6 hours, these files may require a recharge of your IPOD or audio player to listen to them completely):

As I said in my story from yesterday, the expectation is that the full House will take up consideration of the Housing Trust Fund bill in September, after their August break.

As members of Congress will be in their districts in August, NOW is the time to get their commitment on this legislation.

No comments:

Post a Comment