Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Next HUD Secretary: It's Gots to be a Woman.

I was trying to remember the last HUD Secretary who was a woman, and realized that it was Patricia Harris, whose service ended more than 29 years ago, before I ever came to Portland! [I've got a pic someplace that was taken with her when I worked in the Detroit HUD Office--if I can ever find it I will post it--it's worth a laugh].

Secretary Harris was one of two women Secretaries of HUD during the 1970's, the other being Carla Hills.

We're now nearing the 4th decade since a woman has served as HUD Secretary;
women have served as HUD Secretaries for only about 4 1/2 years out of nearly 43 years since the first HUD Secretary was appointed.
This in a Cabinet level department where lots and lost of HUD assisted renters have female heads of households.

So, I am going to go where men dare not go with this-the next HUD Secretary has GOTS to be a woman!






1 comment:

  1. hey tom! as a female head of household hud renter, being exploited and harmed by bad management and a currently bad hud, i agree. BUT, it has to be a GOOD woman, meaning who will not be sleeping with the landlords like they currently do in portland region at least.
    anyway, KUDOS!

    ReplyDelete