At mid June and with no HUD Sustainable Communities planning grant NOFA yet out, I thought it would be interesting to see what HUD originally projected for a timetable.
I pulled from the Advance Notice HERE the dates that HUD was originally projecting:
- Week of March 1, 2010—Webcast Briefings
- March 12, 2010—Comments on Draft Description due C.O.B. to HUD
- Week of April 12, 2010—NOFA published
- Approx. June 5, 2010—Applications due to HUD
- Approx. August 2, 2010—Announcement of Awardees
As you can see HUD is now nearly two months OVER their original projected date for issuance of this NOFA.
If there is ONE take away for public agencies, particularly with new programs, that message SHOULD be:
UNDER promise and OVER deliver.
Originally created and posted on the Oregon Housing Blog.