Friday, July 22, 2011

I Almost Forgot, It's My HUD Anniversary Today.

38 years ago today I started my HUD career as an Urban Intern working in Admin/personnel in the Detroit Office. I had been working as a AFDC (now TANF) caseworker, so moving into an office in the heart of downtown was an exciting new opportunity for me. Little did I know that within a year I would be doing detailed paperwork to fire several HUD staff who had been indicted on bribery charges, and bringing that paperwork for them to sign in jail or at home.

Notwithstanding some occasional bad apples, my time in the Detroit HUD Office helped me tremendously throughout my career, and I remain thankful for all of the challenges that beginning my career in a large HUD office presented, and the many hard working , caring, and talented people at HUD in Detroit and elsewhere. 

Originally created and posted on the Oregon Housing Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment