Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My Comments on Oregonian Locked Out Affordable Housing Series, Including Suggested Follow Up Actions.

As readers can imagine, I have been reading with interest the reporting by the Oregonian on the problems with the location of affordable housing in the Portland Metro area.  Whether you agree with the reporting or not, the commitment of four consecutive front pages stories on affordable housing is an unprecedented commitment of Oregonian resources.

Now that the series has concluded, I created a four page MS Word table that lists my comments AND (in the right column) related follow up actions that can help solve the problems identified in the series (and some affordable housing issues the series did not cover).

Because I may change and expand this MW Word document based on future thinking and feedback, I have:
  • Included a version date at top of the page; currently that is June 6, 2012.
  • Linked the file HERE in the right pane of the blog under the title "Oregonian Locked Out Series Comments and Action Items, June 2012". If I make changes to the current version of this document, I will do a new post pointing out the changes and change the version date at the top of the page. 
Feel free to send me comments on what I am missing or what you think I got wrong in this initial version.

Originally created and posted on the Oregon Housing Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment