If your PC can handle it, I have created a 100+MB Excel file that you can download HERE that includes ALL Oregon HMDA loan applications for CY 2011 along with several summary worksheets that show loan counts by county, and a breakout of home purchase loans by borrower race and ethnicity and loan type.
I have uploaded the Excel file to my Google Docs webspace; not sure if you will need a Google account to download.
1. About 48% of loan apps resulted in loan originations.
2. For home purchase loans, FHA accounted for 47% of all Hispanic loan home purchase originations, while it's overall home purchase origination market share was 27%.
3. Conversely, conventional lenders accounted for 59% of all home purchase loan originations to non hispanic borrowers, but only 37% of home purchase loan originations for Hispanic borrowers
4. FHA accounted for 43% of home purchase loan originations for African American borrowers but only 27% of all home purchase loan originations.
5. Conversely, conventional lenders accounted for 59% of all home purchase loan originations, but only 38% of home purchase loan originations for African American borrowers.
6. Data summaries use borrower race/ethnicity field only, addition of coborrower field would likely increase some race/ethnic home purchase loan %'s.
About the data
- 204,285 records, 81 fields for each record
- Each record has data fields from Loan Activity Register (LAR); fields I added with names substituted for select coded field values in LAR; and results of merge with transmittal sheet (TS) table to add lender information for each LAR record.
- This data and much more can be downloaded directly from FFIEC HMDA website HERE.
- Let me know if you discover any errors.....