As part of a BIG data project I am working on, I constructed the 2 page PDF HERE and embedded below that shows the share of Housing Assistance Payment funds within a state that were spent by Moving to Work agencies in each state in December of 2012.
To my knowledge this is the only public data on MTW agency HAP spending by state that has ever been published.
- Nationally 14% of HAP in December 2012 was spent by 34 MTW agencies.
- There were 4 states where MTW agencies represented more than 50% of HAP spent in the state.
- Oregon's 30% of HAP spending for our only Moving to Work agency (Home Forward) was about double the national average.
- Washington state, with 4 MTW agencies, saw 54% of HAP spent by those agencies.
- (Data for 4 MTW agencies authorized in December of 2012 was not included in these totals).
- Look for a BIG data post with more data soon.
Originally created and posted on the Oregon Housing Blog.