Monday, October 28, 2013

Just Wrong: 3/4 of HUD Rental HH's are Headed by Women; Last HUD Woman Secretary Served 34+ Years Ago


I recently found pic of me with HUD Secretary Harris taken in Detroit HUD office circa 1979.  I also previously did post HERE with data showing that 3/4 of HUD assisted renter households are headed by women. 

I had posted about this nearly 5 years ago HERE and it remains very weird that no woman has served as HUD secretary since the Carter administration--now more than 34 years ago. 

Should HUD Secretary Donovan leave it seems like a no brainer to me that the next HUD Secretary should be a woman. 
 
(To be fair, first woman OHCS head was just appointed a couple of years ago). 

Originally created and posted on the Oregon Housing Blog.

1 comment:

  1. I totally thought that was Ron Burgundy at first! Lookin' sharp, T!

    ReplyDelete