I have posted a PDF HERE and an Excel version HERE; the Excel version is also embedded below.(Scroll to the right to see all columns).
This is the FIRST LIHTC tenant demographic reporting I have seen anywhere in the country that includes some detailed county level data; congrats to OHCS for their leadership.
[Readers may recall my prior post of the first statewide LIHTC tenant demographic data from the Vermont HFA].
The data source is statutorily required annual submissions from individual projects that are then edited and sent by OHCS to HUD. A total of 3,759 households were included in this survey.
Racial Head of Household Mix, Using a Subtotal of 3,500 households (excluding the 259 HH's who refused to provide racial information (see "LIHTC Minority Percentages" worksheet):
- 74% of heads of household had a white head of household.
- 23% of heads of Household were African American OR Asian OR Pac Islander OR Native American OR 2 or More Races. (Washington county has the highest percentage of this subtotal at 53%).
- 61% of households had a woman head of household. (Jefferson county had the highest percentage of this subtotal at 85%).
- 29% of households had a Hispanic head of household. (Hood River county has the highest percentage of this subtotal at 82%).
- 21% of households had an elderly head of household. (Clatsop county had the highest percentage of this subtotal at 59%).
- 7% of households had a disabled head of household.(Multnomah county had the highest percentage of this subtotal at 19%).
- $19,536 was the average reported household income.
Originally created and posted on the Oregon Housing Blog.