New ACS data came out in early December and I:
- Updated the renter cost burden data to 2017 (5 years, ACS table is B25070).
- Updated the names of members for all districts, including the November election results.
The resulting 3 page PDF file (House on first two pages, Senate on third) HERE, and embedded below, shows the:
- District number and member.
- Number and percent of renters with cost burdens (more than 30% of income for rent).
- Number and percent of renter households with SEVERE cost burdens (more than 50% of income for rent).
- Party of the member.
- Cells highlighted in red indicate that the district/member had a HIGHER rate than the statewide rate.
The data shows that statewide 297,000 renter households/52% pay more than 30% of their income for rent, and 152,000 renter households/27% pay more than 50% of their income for rent.
[Note: To identify new members I had to manually check hard copy; IF you notice any misspellings or wrong political party affiliation, please drop me a note at email@example.com]
Originally created and posted on the Oregon Housing Blog.