I discovered that the Oregon Block Group data worksheet included data for only the Portland CBSA, including WA state portion. I copied and pasted data for 18 other Oregon CBSA's (major PITA) into that worksheet-there is now housing and transportation data for nearly 2,800 block groups now, not 1,400. If you downloaded workbook previously I recommend you discard and download the updated version.
Apologies for the error.
HUD/DOT/EPA have finally opened their long awaited housing and transportation affordability portal.
I have downloaded from the new location (housing and transportation) affordability portal ALL the available Oregon data.
The new Excel workbook HERE, and embedded below, starts with a worksheet with THREE graphs showing the share of income that a 3 person rental HH at 50% of MFI is projected to spend for housing and transportation costs. The graphs include
- Portland Metro Cities
- All Oregon CBSA's
- All Oregon counties.
- A table of contents, that includes a listing of worksheet and an explanation of additional data fields found in the CBSA and Block Group level worksheets. This TOC worksheet also includes a link to the HT data dictionary.
- A worksheet with all Oregon county level HT affordability data.
- A worksheet with all Oregon CBSA level HT affordability data.
- A worksheet with ALL US CBSA level HT affordability data.
- A worksheet with all HT affordability data for nearly 2,800 census block groups from Oregon CBSA's (Includes state of Washington BG in Portland CBSA).
Originally created and posted on the Oregon Housing Blog.