The data comes from the Federal Housing Finance Agency national GSE 2014 MS Access Database HERE--even zipped it is VERY large at 186 MB's, so I don't recommend downloading the national file unless your doing national research. The 2014 GSE public use data dictionary is HERE.
Included in my Excel workbook are these worksheets
- All Oregon GSE data. I added several lookup columns starting at Column AN that substitute names for select codes in the MS Access database. This includes race, ethnicity, and loan purpose.
- A pivot table of all Oregon GSE data.
- All Portland Metro GSE data, including Clark County in Washington
- A pivot table of the Portland Metro GSE data
- Several worksheets with codes and lookups used to add names to select coded values. One worksheet shows the field names for all 39 columns of GSE data.
- 2014 GSE Oregon activity of 53k loans, $11.3 billion is DOWN significantly from Oregon GSE 2013 loan volume of 95k loans, and $19.1 billion.
- Unlike HMDA data, GSE data includes non metro areas AND also includes a code for first time home buyers.
Originally created and posted on the Oregon Housing Blog.