From the HUD Voucher Dashboard I downloaded and sorted the most recent HUD voucher per-unit cost by housing authority and added a percentile ranking column.
The data is for 2021 through October and there are 2,138 PHA's ranked.
I created an Excel workbook with that data HERE including a worksheet with Oregon PHA data.
The Oregon rankings are also pasted as a picture below.
- The median national (unweighted) PUC was $507.
- The Oregon median (unweighted) PUC was higher at $587. That is the 63% percentile.
- All but 4 Oregon PHA’s‘(Coos Curry, Douglas, Klamath, Umatilla) had a PUC higher than the unweighted US median PUC.
- PUC for 3 Oregon PHA’s ranked ABOVE the 80th+percentile.(Clackamas, Portland [Home Forward], and Washington ).
- 9 of the top 10 PUCs were in California.
- The highest PUC was the San Francisco Housing Authority with a PUC of $2,064.
- The highest OREGON PUC was the Washington County Housing Authority with a PUC of $925. That is at the 87% percentile.
- The lowest PUC was the Maryville Missouri housing authority with a PUC of $191.
- The lowest OREGON PUC was the Klamath County Housing Authority with a PUC of $422. That is at the 33% percentile.