I replicated the same analysis for the Washington and Multnomah Workforce area; my observations:
- In 2010, 56% of jobs in Multnomah and Clackamas County had average wages of 60% or less of 2010 HUD median family income.
- From 2010-2020 of the 30,866 projected annual job openings (new jobs or replacement of current workers) 18,132 (59%) will be for jobs that had 2010 average wages at or below 60% of HUD median family income.
- Scroll to the left/right up down in the embedded version to see the full worksheet.
- In the Excel workbook, the occupation link in left column is active, clicking will provide MUCH more detail for that occupation, including current job openings in that occupation.
- File is set up in landscape mode with legal paper size; printed document runs 22 pages.
- Occupations are listed in descending order of the projected number of annual job openings.
Originally created and posted on the Oregon Housing Blog.